Friday, February 26, 2010

Quick check

This short post is mainly a way to check that everyone who has subscribed to the email notification of new posts is getting them. And also to let you know that if you want to read the 3 other posts that went up between my first announcement and now, you have to visit my actual blog at http://patricia2africa.blogspot.com

As I write this, countdown to takeoff is a mere 80 hours...final packing commences Saturday morning. My biggest trip accomplishment today was that my writer friend Tom and I brainstormed and decided upon my African name for this journey: Ahafta Goweewee. Being such a water girl, I feel an inherent kinship with the true spirit of this name ;-)

3 comments:

  1. You go, girlfriend! I'm so excited about this amazing journey you're taking. I'll be looking forward to sharing in with you through the power of blog. Be safe, have fun! Love you! XOXOs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your name :) Hope you have a wonderful and inspiring journey! Thank you for offering to share this adventure with those of us "left behind". I shall be eagerly awaiting pictures and notes from AFRICA!!!!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahafta, I'm sure your sojourn will mark you in soulful ways (and with your new name, it sounds like you'll be marking Africa in very basic ways). Anyway, it sounds like big and meaningful thrills are lined up—enjoy!

    Godspeed, Tom

    ReplyDelete